Saturday, 10 October 2015

Horror Month: Half Skull

This week I present the classic Half Skull. People do this is so many different ways; some people do it horizontally some do it vertically, some with blood, some without ect. I chose this way of doing it purely because I had a dream that I was wearing this exact look (ideas come in the strangest ways). I haven't tried a skull look before and I am extremely happy with the way it turned out, I love the depth and I feel I have come a long way since my Broken Doll look I did last month.



KIERA'S TOP TIPS:
I have decided to do this rather than right down a tutorial as that it will be long, boring and hard to explain. I am probably going to do this with the rest of my looks.
  • First outline your skull details with a white eyeliner pencil, this includes the individual teeth
  • Work on the skull section by section instead of putting all the base colours down at once, this makes it easier for you to see what you need to do plus you won't get overwhelmed 
  • Start working on the area with the lightest base first, once the base and shading is complete move on to the slightly darker area (the teeth) and then lastly work on the black areas
  • Try to keep shading as light as possible, remember you can always build on certain areas.
  • You can colour in the black areas as messily as you like just make sure you use a liquid or pen liner to make the edges crisp.
  • For the dark/black areas around the teeth go in with a dark brown first then add the black on top, this makes it easier to correct possible mistakes.
  • Add a brown line down the opposite side of the middle crack using an eyeshadow then blend it using a clean eyeshadow brush, this will create depth
  • To make the skulls eye socket not look flat I added some grey shimmer on my eyelid.







Lashes:  Salon System Natural Lash (Extra Volume)
Black Pen Liner: Collection Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner (Black)
Large Black Areas: MUA Pencil Liner (Jet Black)
White Face Paint : Mehron Fantasy FX
White LinerNYX Slim Eye Liner Pencil (White Pearl)
Grey Shadow: Essence Smokey Eye Set (Smokey Night)

Brown ShadowSleek Eye Shadow Palette I Divine (Ultra Mattes V2)
Lip Liner: NYX Lip Liner Pencil (Mahogany)
Lipstick: Sleek (Claret)
Highlighter: Sleek Contour Kit (Medium)
Blush: Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush (8)
Brows: Sleek Brow Kit (Dark 818)
Gold Shimmer Eyeshadow on lid : Urban Decay Naked Palette (Half Baked)

I hope you liked this look! Tell me what you would like to see next

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS