Saturday, 19 September 2015

Theatrical Month: Siren (Part 1)

Sirens are one of my favourite mythical creatures, they are basically beautiful mermaids who sing to draw sailors near so that they can kill them and take down their ship. Ever since hearing about them as a young child when reading Grimm's Fairy Tales (an amazing book) I have always liked the concept and I thought I would show you the pretty 'before' image of what I imagine a sailor may see and in Horror Month I will show you a part 2 for when they look all deadly.


HOW DID I DO IT:

I started off sketching the shape of the scales with a white eyeliner then filled them in with a purple cream eyeshadow and added a blue cream eyeshadow the certain areas to act as a highlight. I then went on top of the scales with a shimmery purple eyeshadow to  add to the shine of the scales.
For the base I contoured my face with purple eyeshadow, added a iridescent blue eyeshadow for my highlighter then lastly put some white dots on to act as pearls (I didn't have a liquid white liner so I had to use the end of a white mascara primer that is why it looks a little rough).
I used the same technique I used in my Barbie look to create this purple cut crease and for the lips I used a matte purple liquid lipstick, waited for that to dry and then used darker purple shadows to shade and create this two tone lip colour.
Elements you need to consider if you want to look like a Mermaid/ Siren are the scales, coloured contour and a good bit of shimmer/highlighter.






Mascara:  Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
Purple Liner: Collection Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner (Purple)
Lipstick: Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer (Depravity)
Purple Shadow in crease + lip shading + contourSleek Eye Shadow Palette I Divine (Ultra Mattes V2)
Highlight: MUA Eyeshadow Palette (Blue Suede)
Cream Eyeshadow on Scales: Beauty UK Eye Shadow Collection (Soho) + Vaseline (see tutorial)
Shimmer Eyeshadow on lid : Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (Bootycall)

I hope you liked this siren look I can't wait to show you part 2 in a couple of weeks.


Question of the day:
What theatrical look would you like to see next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS