Monday, 7 September 2015

Theatrical Month: Barbie

This is going to be the start of a new segment I have added called 'Theatrical Month'. This month am planning on doing a cute theatrical look every week for my FOTDs, this is because as Halloween is on its way people may not want to look scary or gory. So this month will be a reference month for people wanting to dress up cute and October will be for the blood, gore and general scary looks so get excited.


HOW DID I DO IT:

For the eyes I used an eyebrow brush to sketch where my cut crease would be using a brown eyeshadow, I sketched slightly above my natural crease so it would be visible. I then blended out that shadow and then went in with a darker brown to repeated the same process until I got my finished result. After getting the cut crease how I wanted it I packed some shimmer onto the rest of the lid underneath. Lastly I added my mascara, feel free to use false lashes to achieve a really dolly look.
I did the rest of my face as normal at first then I added more emphasis by adding nose contouring, extra highlight and blush with some cheek contour as well. For the lips I made them the classic barbie pink and added some highlight on my cupids bow.
And thats it! the main thing you want to remember when doing a barbie look is the brown crease (maybe even add a slight hue of purple), blush and the pink lips. Once you have those elements everyone will be able to identify you as Barbie.





Mascara:  Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
Black Liner: Collection Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner (Black)
Lip Gloss: MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer (Spry)
Lipstick: MAC Lipstick (Twig)
Brown Shadow in creaseSleek Eye Shadow Palette I Divine (Ultra Mattes V2)
Contour and Highlight: Sleek Contour Kit (medium)
Blush: Chantecaille Blush (Thrill)
Brows: Sleek Brow Kit (Dark 818)
Shimmer Eyeshadow on lid : Urban Decay Naked Palette (Half Baked+ Chopper)

I hope you liked this look and my idea of this month, don't worry I will still be putting out other content but in terms of the makeup looks I do for this month they will all be cute theatrical looks.

Question of the day:
What theatrical look would you like to see me create?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS