Friday, 17 July 2015

Kiera Tries DIYs #2: Cream Eyeshadow

So I first tried this DIY about a year ago, it is very simple and works really well in creating dupes for any cream eyeshadow as you can do this for whatever colour. I love this DIY as it is simple and could also be used for many different things if you get the proportions right.



THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
  • An eyeshadow of your choice
  • Vaseline
  • Something to crush your eyeshadow 


STEP 1: 
Use some kind of object to crush your chosen eyeshadow into a powder, make sure you take away any big lumps so your cream can be a smooth as possible




STEP 2:
Use the Vaseline and add a little bit at a time to your powdered eyeshadow to build that creamy consistency, If you add too much Vaseline you will decrease the pigmentation and the product can become greasy instead of creamy so be careful.


(I crushed the eyeshadow some more after this photo)


RESULTS:
The cream is just like any other eyeshadow cream, its blendable, no creasing and very pigmented, the pigmentation of your cream depends on the amount of Vaseline you add so that is why it is best to add a little at a time when your mixing it up. this can be used as a eyeshadow base, an average cream eyeshadow and I have also used it as lipstick and face paint (bare in mind this is still a cream) when I was doing a very theatrical look. You can do this for any eyeshadow no matter how cheap and I assure you it will come out just as pigmented.


I hope you liked this DIY tell me what you want me to try next in the comments and I will mention you in that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS