Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Brush Cleaning

Yes I am actually making a post about brush cleaning, it sounds pretty dull but it is one of those things that needs to be talked about. If you don't clean your brushes properly you could end up causing a build up of bacteria and other nasty things in your brushes that could lead to spots and irritated skin. In this post I will be covering my cleaning method and going over why you need to do certain stages.


I used to be really bad at cleaning my brushes, I would go months and months without cleaning them because I was just really lazy and at the time it would take me a long time to do. Now I clean my brushes about once a month and the method I am about to show you makes cleaning super quick and easy while still being effective.

METHOD

Soak brushes in some form of alcohol based brush cleanser
I use MAC's brush cleanser which I got for £12 but you can get this off the highstreet as well from brands like B. and Makeup Revolution for just £5. I used MAC because it is used by actual makeup artists so if they are willing to use it for their multiple clients then it must be good. I haven't used the highstreet brands so I couldn't say how effective they are. I split my brushes into 2 sections, big brushes and small brushes and I soak the big ones first for about a minute. Alcohol is necessary to kill the nasty bacteria that have formed on your brushes making sure they are sanitary. 


This looks like a lot but that's only because I was using it for my big brushes, when I do my small brushes I use a lot less.



Rinse the cleanser out of the brush 
This is the point in which you choose the brush you are going to clean first. Adding the cleanser helps to take away the tough bits of dirt and excess product may it be foundation, eyeliner or eyeshadow so when you rinse it out you can start to properly clean the brush and this is the part which makes the cleaning process much faster.



Use a soapy cleanser or baby shampoo to wash brushes
I usually use Johnson baby shampoo which I bought for like £2 however I ran out so I used my Simple face wash which worked just as well. Makeup Revolution do a Antibacterial Brush Shampoo for £5 which I haven't tried but the option is still there. Make sure the soapy cleanser is not harsh in anyway as that could ruin the bristles. This doesn't take long just massage the shampoo into the brush so its all sudsy and clean and then rinse it out. Then your done just leave them in a place to dry over night and you will have clean soft brushes by morning.




There you have it beautifully clean brushes with a super quick process. I hope this was helpful if you have any other questions that you feel I haven't answered let me know in the comments and I will answer them as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS