Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Pink Lipstick Collection

So apparently its National Pink Day in the US today and even though I am not American I thought it would be a fun way to inspire todays post. I have been wanting to do a Pink Lipstick Collection post for a while now but at the time I had done a lot of lipstick collection posts like my MUA Lipstick Collection, Makeup Revolution Lipstick Collection and my MUA Lux Lip Laquer Collection so I would give you guys a little bit of a break from all things lip related. I want to take a second to say that Ponds Cleansing Cream is the best thing for getting rid of tough lipstick so that really came in handy today, I will be doing a review on that next post. None of the swatches below have been edited in any way so you can see what the lipsticks really look like, I hope you enjoy.



(Left to Right)
Barry M (shade 52), Makeup Revolution (Crime), Illamasqua ( Eurydice), MUA (Shade 6),  
Sleek (Candy Cane), MAC (Party Parrot), Rimmel London Kate (Shade 5), 
MUA Lux Lip Laquer (Criminal)


BARRY M (SHADE 52)
Barry M's Shade 52 is a bright neon pink with a lilac undertone, it does look brighter in real life (look at swatch above) and I haven't seen a lipstick colour like it. Even though the colour is gorgeous there are many down sides to this lipstick, you have to make sure your lips are moisturised and soft to get a good application with this otherwise it can look chalky (people with naturally lighter lips could probably get away with it), you may also need to blend out certain areas with your fingers for a more even consistency. You cannot eat or drink with this lipstick on because you will need an instant touch up. So yeah it is not a practical lipstick by any means, probably only good for photos or situations where you don't have to eat or drink but you cannot deny the colour is beautiful, the pigmentation is great and I don't regret me buying it whatsoever. 




MAKEUP REVOLUTION (CRIME)
I have done a full review on this lipstick in my Makeup Revolution Lipstick Collection post



ILLAMASQUA (EURYDICE)
This is one of my favourite lipstick colours I own, it is a matte pink that stays on forever. The lipstick itself looks bright but as soon as you put it on you see it is fairly toned down pink and so can be worn for any occasion. 




MUA (SHADE 6)
I have done a review of this lipstick already in my MUA Lipstick Collection post




SLEEK (CANDY CANE)
Sleek Candy Cane is a a really nice coral pink colour with a sheen finish. This like the Illamasqua Eurydice lipstick can be worn with any outfit for any occasion, very versatile. It has the longevity of any normal lipstick (4 hours with eating), has great pigmentation and is also very creamy and easy to apply. When I was swatching these lipsticks I soon came to realise that this is a great dupe of MAC's Party Parrot lipstick (the next lipstick).




MAC (PARTY PARROT)
MAC Party Parrot is a coral pink colour with a cream finish. As this is MAC you can guess that this has great pigmentation, easy application and a great longevity, I can think of no faults with this lipstick. As I said before Sleeks Candy Cane is a great dupe for this, the only difference I can see is that MAC's is ever so slightly lighter and Sleek's has a sheen finish making it seem slightly glossier than MAC's. 




RIMMEL LONDON KATE (SHADE 5)
Rimmel London Kate Shade 5 is a neutral pink colour. I don't usually like Rimmel lipsticks, I find them to feel very plasicy however this one has proven me wrong, the application was smooth, the colour is very pretty and it doesn't feel weird on my lips. If Rimmel carries on producing lipsticks like this I may buy more from them.




MUA LIP LACQUER (CRIME)
I have done a review of this lipstick already in my MUA Lux Lip Laquer Collection post



I hope you liked this post, tell me in the comments which one is your favourite 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS