Thursday, 11 June 2015

Lash Volumiser

As you may know I am very pernickety  when it comes to my lashes, they have to be looking perfect or I will not leave the house, I would happily be late if it meant me pulling apart a couple of lashes to get the shape I want... yes I am that bad. When I first heard of lash primers and lash volumisers I knew that I wanted to try them but I just never really got round to getting one.
Yesterday as I was rooting through my makeup collection I realised that I own a lash volumiser, I have no clue how I came to posses this (witchcraft) but I went straight to the mirror to try it out, these were my results.


NATURAL LASHES 
These are my eyelashes with nothing done to them at all, no lash curlers (I have no clue how they work anyway). I would say my lashes are medium length and have a curl to them. They do get quite annoying sometimes as I have always had this problem where some of my lashes curl into my eye. They are not loose or anything they just curl downwards which is obviously annoying because then they start poking my eyeball. This is the reason why I started to wear mascara in the first place, to kind of keep my eyelashes in place.



MASCARA WITH NO VOLUMISER
These are my lashes with just purely mascara on them. As you can see I am wearing one eye blue and one eye black, this is because I wanted to see how the volumiser worked with coloured mascara. 

I used 2 coats of the blue mascara, my lashes did look okay with one coat (dark blue) but I wanted it to be brighter and bolder. I used 1 coat of the black mascara as I am not a fan of doing multiple coats of black mascara, it makes my lashes look really heavy, thick and spidery which isn't what I personally prefer. I like my lashes to look long and nicely separated in a way so it looks like natural false lashes.



LASH VOLUMISER
This is my lashes with just the lash volumiser on. The volumiser was thinner than normal mascaras which I liked because I could have the option of building it up if I wanted a more dramatic lash. The volumiser dried nicely, didn't feel weird it just felt like normal mascara which I liked and I liked the fact that it was white as it would be a good base for coloured mascara. I ended up putting on 2 coats.



MASCARA+ VOLUMISER
These are my lashes with 1 coat of mascara on top of the 2 coats of lash volumiser. The volumiser did make my lashes thicker which is what it did say it would do, it  worked as an excellent base for coloured mascaras and also it made my lashes look like a false pair of lashes. I don't think I would be using a volumiser in my everyday makeup routine as my lashes felt fake and thick which as I said before I don't really go for however on a night out or with one of my dramatic beauty looks this would be a great addition and an alternative to using natural false lashes.


LASH VOLUMISER:  Eddie Funkhouser Volumizer 
BLUE MASCARA: Essence Colour Flush (02)
BLACK MASCARA:  Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
BROWS:  Sleek Brow Kit (Dark)
LIPS:  MUA (Shade 11)

I hope you liked this, if  you want to know how I get my lashes to look long with mascara I have done a tutorial on it (here), this is a little out of date the process is a lot quicker now ever since using Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara. Thank you for sticking around to the end I hope you have learnt something new because I sure have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS