Saturday, 13 June 2015

AA Skincare Essential: Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel

Summer is quickly approaching (June 21st woop) and I am so excited for the weather to get hotter. I don't know if this is just me but when it gets hot I tend to wear less makeup so I don't get that gross suffocating feeling. As I am going to be wearing less makeup my skin needs to start looking its best so on my blog you will be seeing more skincare tips and reviews in preparation for Summer.

This week London had one of its rare hot days where the sun was actually out for the entire day, at first I was really happy about this but by the end of the day I felt all clammy and gross. AA Skincare had kindly sent me their Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel* from their Skincare Essentials line and I couldn't have picked a better day to review it.




AA Skincare Essential's Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel is said to be a multipurpose product, it has three uses including removing makeup, restoring delicate skin around the eyes and to help cool skin after a spell in the sun. I love the fact that it is a multi purpose product it saves buying lots of products for the different uses and it also saves time. With my daily skincare routine I want it to be quick with no fuss and I feel this product will achieve that. 

AA Skincare's products are formulated using pure essential oils and natural ingredients, this is great for people with sensitive skin as there aren't any harsh chemicals in them. I personally like to use skincare products with natural ingredients in them because I find them to work better than chemical based products. AA Skincare's Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel contains Aloe Vera juice (anti-inflammatory) , Witch Hazel water, Seaweed Extract, Cucumber Extract (hydrating and calming),  Cornflower Extract (soothe) , Eye Bright Extract (soothe) just to name a few of the natural products in this product. 

BEFORE
This was taken after the hot day where I was feeling incredibly clammy and disgusting (as you can clearly see below). I am wearing the same makeup I wore in my Golden Glow FOTD including eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow. I was interested to see how well the eye gel would remove my makeup, my initial thoughts were that it would take off my eye shadow well but it might have some problem with the liner and mascara. Lets just say I was proven wrong.



REMOVING EYE MAKEUP
This product removed my makeup incredibly well, I used a small pump for one eye and that got rid of both my eye shadow sand eyeliner in just a couple of wipes. I did have to use another pump for my mascara but that is normal for me. One thing I must say is that once you start removing the makeup don't start going incredibly slow as if your having a slow motion spa day as it will dry out and then you will end up using more pumps than necessary. The removal process was a lot less wasteful as well, the gel kept the makeup confined to where the gel was placed, meaning that I had more room on my pad for other pumps unlike most liquid removers where the whole pad goes black after I have only taken off my liner.



EYE GEL ALONE
After removing my makeup I applied the eye gel around my eyes and it was so soothing, after being in the grimy sun it was great to just have a relaxing eye gel on to make me feel more refreshed. The eye gel absorbed into the skin pretty quickly making my under eyes feel nice and smooth. There wasn't any oily residue that I noticed on my eyes which is great as I have oily skin and it also won't end up causing problems with my makeup. I love the packaging for this, it looks so cute and it is 50ml so it is easy to take on the go for an emergency pick me up.


OVERALL
AA Skincare Essential's Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel is a great product for those really hot day where your eyes just need a refreshing pick me up. I also like the fact that their products are affordable, you can purchase the Seaweed and Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel on AA Skincare's website for £6.95. 

I hope you liked this review, tell me in the comments below what you would like me to post next.

*This product was provided for an honest review please read my disclaimer for further details 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS