Wednesday, 6 May 2015

MUA Winter Forest Palette- 2 Wearable Looks

As I was rummaging around Superdrugs I came across this palette by MUA, I instantly fell in love with the colours and also the fact that it was matte. This palette is only cost me 4 pounds. Instead of just giving my review of the palette and showing you a couple of swatches I thought I would show you 2 simple wearable looks. With these colours you can do so many theatrical, dramatic looks but I thought I would save that for a separate post.




Top Row: (left to right) Smoke, Midnight, Aqua, Azure, Camel
Bottom Row: (left to right) Slate, Dove Grey, Chino, Truffle, Sand

As you can see by my swatches Camel and Sand are basically my skin tone so they don't really show up well on my swatches however I do use Camel as a transition shade when I blend out my eyeshadow. My love the blues in this palette there is such a range of tones with Midnight Aqua and Azure. I think blues are going to be a trend this summer so this will be the perfect palette. The browns are also great, even though  Chino doesn't look like it shows on my hand on my eye lids it looks beautiful and would be the perfect starting shadow base under dark smokey eyes. I haven't yet tried out Slate and Dove grey because I tend to stay away from grey eye shadows. Overall I do love this palette the ways the colours are arranged so that every square of 4 colours can give you a different look. The pigmentation of  most of the colours are great, Midnight, Aqua and Truffle and Chino in particular. A primer is needed underneath but you can say the same for most palettes out there. 

GREEN HUE


Shadows: Azure blended into the crease using a fluffy brush and Aqua added into the outer corner of the eye then lightly blended through. Sand then added to a clean fluffy brush to blend the edges. I then finished the eyes with Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Purple and Essence Lash Princess Mascara. Rimmel London Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig on the lips.


SMOKE



I used Chino all over my lids and blended it just above the crease, I then took Truffle and added that to the lids then blended that to the crease. I took a gel liner and created a mid- thick wing liner to act as a black eye shadow base for the Smoke to sort of stick to. I placed Smoke on to the gel liner and using a pencil brush blended the top of the wing liner to so it blends nicely to the rest of the eye shadows. I then used Sand on a fluffy brush and blended it all together nicely and seamlessly. I then finished the eyes with Essence Lash Princess Mascara. MUA Lipstick in Shade 11 on the lips.

As you can see very simple eye shadow looks, I am planning on doing a more dramatic eye soon using this palette so get excited for that. I hope you enjoyed this review. 

Do you own a MUA eye shadow palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS