Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Faded Liner

So I was having one of those days where I was just experimenting with different liner looks and just trying out some new looks and techniques and one of the liner techniques I thought of trying was a faded liner. I usually end off the vast majority of my eyeliner looks in the center of my eye by bringing it to the lash line as it makes them look bigger so I thought what if I keep the liner thick but fade it to the center rather then just reducing the size. I really like how it turned out and will probably use this  more often. I took these pictures after wearing the liner all day with no touch ups and the fade stayed put which was great. Hope you like this look and tweet me pictures of you trying it out, I would love to see your faded liners.

HOW I DO IT?

In order to achieve this look I used a black gel liner and created my wing as I would normally, try and keep this quite light as at this stage as you are just mapping out your liner. Make sure you end this around the center of your eye. After mapping out I went back in with my gel liner and filled in the wing of my liner that did not touch the lids of my eye. Without applying anymore liner I used the same brush and dragged the gel liner onto my lids using small strokes at a time, you don't want to drag all the way across your eye just a little to blend it almost. Over the area I just dragged out I applied a dark grey shadow (Smoke) and blended it just short of the center of my eye lids giving it a gradient effect. I then went in with a light grey () on the center to blend out that dark grey, I then  blended that light grey colour with a shadow similar to my skin colour just over the center of my lids to fade it. I know that seemed really confusing so if you want me to do a video showing how I do it I will in the future.





Black Gel Liner: Collection Lasting Colour Gel Liner (Black)
Dark Grey EyeshadowMUA Winter Forest Palette (Smoke)
Light Grey EyeshadowMUA Winter Forest Palette (Slate + Dove Grey)
Neutral EyeshadowMUA Winter Forest Palette (Camel)
Lipstick: MUA Lipstick (Shade 11)




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS