Friday, 24 April 2015

Everyones Favourite Oreo*

As some of you guys know I have a cat named Oreo, he has made some appearances in a couple of my OOTD's because he is such a little show off and loves to be in the spotlight haha. I thought that I would do this post to get you guys to get to know him a little bit more.

How Old Is He?
Oreo is 4 years old Tuxedo cat, we don't know the exact date he was born because we saved him from some abusive owners who was going to throw him out into the streets at just 3 months old :( but we took him in when he was 3 months old and loved him and looked after him ever since :)


What Is He Like?
Oreo is a very chill cat, he has such a lovely warm temperament and I love him to bits. He loves cuddles (he will literally come up to you and give you hugs and massages), when he is in one of his really cuddly moods he will lick you to pieces haha. He does love to play, he will play with anything with a string and he also loves the outdoors where he probably goes out on the town with his best friend (next door neighbors cat) they are actually so cute together, they play fight and chill in the garden or they just go away from the house for a bit. Oreo gets on with just about anyone because of his chill temperament, my dad is absolutely petrified of cats because of a traumatic childhood experience (its actually an hilarious story) but he is okay with Oreo around in the house however if he gets to close he does freak out a little haha but that's just down to his fear.



Whats His Favourite Food?
Oreo love his food, even if there is food in his bowl he will still moan for more haha. We feed him dry food because with wet food he tends to fart sometimes and it make his breath stink however on special occasions like Christmas or on his Birthday we do feed him wet food. His favourite flavour is chicken and we tend to experiment with a lot of different bands of food just to keep it interesting however a brand that he has been really liking as of late is IAMS. 
One thing I have found with shopping for pet food in Supermarkets is that there isn't that much variation in brands and the majority of the foods they bring out are basically like the equivalent of eating fast food. I have now mostly stopped buying pet food from supermarkets and have been using websites like PetShop.co.uk to get it. What I like about PetShop.co.uk is that it has so many options to really scale down you preferences to your pets needs like dietary requirements and health problems which is not what you would get when necessarily buying from a shop, they also do other products for lots of different animals and also things like toys, necessities and other stuff like dog kennels. PetShop.co.uk has been kind enough to give Oreo some food to try out and I must say he has been especially loving his Dreamies Treats



How Do You Look After Him
Oreo isn't really high maintenance, I feed him 2-3 times a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner (if someone isn't home at lunch time than we feed him at night if his bowl is empty, if his bowl is still like half full than we just leave it). We tend to let Oreo groom himself and brush his fur one every couple of weeks, if we see that he is looking a little grubby then we either use some cleansing wipes to wipe down his fur or if he is either extremely dirty or its been about 4-6 months since his last proper wash then we will get him in a basin and use some cat shampoo and wash him. I don't really like proper washing him because it makes me cry its so sad, he starts screaming like hes in genuine pain not even like high pitch screams its kind of low but it breaks my heart I have to let my mum do it then I brush his fur and get him dry with his towel afterwards :(. Honestly I get my mum to clean out the litter tray haha I have done it a couple of times but I tend to avoid it. His litter tray gets cleared out every 1 or 2 weeks.


And that is it, that is everything you could possibly want to know about Oreo. I would like to thank PetShop.co.uk again for the food, if you have any other questions about Oreo that I didn't cover or were just curious about then do let me know and also if there is any posts in particular you want me to do next :)

11 comments:

  1. hi Oreo ! You re so cute , you should meet Pumking my cat he looks a bit like you and he loves a good string too .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a sweetheart! I just love cats so much <3

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cat and beautiful post

    You have a interesting blog

    Visit mine or follow me on


    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing post !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, he's gorgeous! I'm such a cat person.

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww so cute (I am 1000% a cat person) and Oreo is such a great name! x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your posts and also your blog in general is really gorgeous! :) Keep up the great work, I'm a fan! And stay creative :P

    xo Anastasia​

    www.the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, such a cutie... I love cats, but unfortunately I have a cat allergy.
    Lovely greets Nessa circleofchaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Anastasia :) I'm glad you like it

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS